Friday, November 20, 2009

The last bits of London


Monmouth
MonmouthMonmouth
Borough Markets
Baguette
Chorizo Love
34
Notting Hill

Brick Lane
Unto the last - brick lane
Thames
books




I promise these are the last London pictures I am going to post here ...

The last days in London were pretty amazing too, even that the wind almost blew us away on Friday afternoon...
We went to Borough Markets and had a good start with a coffee at "Monmouth" which is right across of the markets and has really good coffee and even filters coffee right in front of you...The market is so amazing with its super fresh food. When you go you should get a one of those chorizo rolls for which the people actually line up.
We also went to Portobello Road which was a bit too crowded so we left and spend more time around Brick Lane. We had a really great pizza for lunch there and went to some nice little stores like "Labour and Wait" or "Unto the Last" which sell really great stuff....like old kitchen tools or handmade and great designed furniture...
Something funny happened to me when we were on our way to catch up with a friend to go to a pub...We got out at Covent Garden station and took the long escalators there when a few people on other side of the escalators suddenly shouted "Where is Wally" and pointed to me saying "There is Wally"...I didn't knew the this kids book where you need to find this guy with a red hat and glasses and probably looked a bit irritated but found it funny when my boyfriend explained to me what they meant...
Well...I have a red hat but my glasses are not as round as Wally's : )

Happy Thursday to everyone...


8 comments :

Rynke said...

Hey Wally!

I enjoyed your London photos! These ones are making me very hungry, the food looks really really good!

Megan said...

jeez, I love the photos from your blog! and I just got some new frames, and the first thing my sister said when she saw them on me was that I looked like Where's Waldo...not exactly the reference I was going for...

Christina said...

oh, how much i miss london!
love your photos

that kate said...

ah these are lovely. Borough Market is one of my favourite places in London! You defo went to some of the best parts!

Marion said...

Oh, fantastic ! Your London trip was a lot of fun ! Thanks to you now I want to buy a lot of Penguin books ! Love the orange covers... Have a great sunday !

marie said...

oh i missed out on the borough markets when i went to london.. always wanted to go to labour and wait too.. looks like you had a great trip!

lea said...

borough market is such a great place - seeing your pictures really makes me want to go to london right away! the mushroom display i like in particular. and that coffee place in borough market makes the best coffee!

chrrristine said...

oh, so many of my favorite places.
makes me miss london so much!