Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Advent

Advent Calendar
Advent Calendar
IMG_0958
So it finally became December.
It does sound silly but sometimes when I need to write the date for any reason I need to think for a split second what month we actually have, (sometimes - very rarely- even which season: ).

I think it happens to me because sometimes time just seems flying by...There was this nice sunny beach day or Autmun walk which feel like yesterday and suddenly the cozy time of the year is knocking on the door..The time of Christmas markets, mittens, dark evenings with tasty hot water (tea) and self-made cookies...I sometimes wish things would last a bit longer...to enjoy them more...but maybe they are so special because you just have them for a certain time in the year ...
Anyways, speaking of baking, I am just about to make some "Lebkuchen" (gingerbread). I got the recipe from my grandmother and it has all sorts of good stuff in it, like walnuts, cacao, cinnamon ...I can't wait to get them out of the oven...

Here are some pictures of the Advent calendar I sewed the other week to really appreciate every single day of Advent and also give little treats

/M

10 comments :

WS said...

And a beautiful calender it is :)

lea said...

you did well - it's very beautiful!

sunkentreasure said...

I sooo agree, time go's by too fast!
Wish I could make my days longer. I adore your calender, looks great!

Marion said...

Oh how cute !

Apple B said...

Maria, you clever thing! Will told Jake and I about this blog and I just had to check it out...I love it!!! Hope you and Will are having fun together xxx

P.S. It's Apple!

Dotti said...

Liebe Maria.

Gute Güte, ist dein Kalender fabulös! Todschick! Und wahrscheinlich hat’s noch nicht mal lange gedauert... Ach, ich wünschte, ich könnte die Vorweihnachtszeit auch ein bisschen mehr genießen. Aber das wird wohl erst nächstes Jahr was. ☹

Ganz nebenbei ist mir der hübsche Stuck an deiner Decke ins Auge gesprungen. Ebenso sehr schick und beneidenswert.

Dotti said...

Herzchen, ich hab dich getaggt. Machtse mit?

Dotti said...

Liebe Maria. Von dir wünsch' ich mir doch was Kariertes. Das hast du bestimmt! Bussi, Dotti

Donatella said...

Hi Maria! I just discovered your beautiful blog and your advent calendar is lovely!

Fine Little Day said...

Such a great calendar!