Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Season Mix

First signs of Spring
The sun and its buddy the shade
Again..
Numbers instead of names
...
Somerset
There are the first signs of Spring here and there in Sydney.
This year has been a little weird for me when it comes to seasons. We had this long and cold Winter in Hamburg and in March I flew to Australia into Summer to come back to a warmer Spring in Germany again. And had a few hot Summer weeks before my move to Sydney where Winter welcomed me. This means I will skip Autumn this year which is a season I always loved because of the wonderful change of the nature, its golden days, its wonderful fruits....

I walked down to a little Bay here yesterday to sit in the late afternoon sun and knit on a scarf it seems I am knitting on since 100 years. I realized that when I finish it, it will probably 30° here.

Wish you a great Wednesday....
Maria

10 comments :

Dotti said...

Is doch irgendwie ulkig, so ein selbst zusammen gestelltes Jahreszeiten-Jahr. :)

tanïa said...

Da es hier gerade sehr herbstartig sprühregnet, ein usselig-ungemütliches grau-in-grau, würde ich meinen Herbst sofort zugunsten von einem so wunderbar pastelligen Frühling tauschen! ;)

Earny from Earncastle said...

ich will meinen gefühlten Herbst hier auch loswerden! - würde Frühling oder Sommer im Tausch nehmen.
hat jemand Interesse? :D

Irene said...

noch mal frühling jetzt wär aber auch nicht schlecht :) schöne bilder wiederum!

ww said...

haha, it's okay to skip autumn once :p
it's funny too to know you are in and out from those season situation. :P

claire said...

oh i've had years like that, where i have completely missed seasons by moving between them.
i'm looking forward to you showing me around your summer sydney early next year :)

Maggie said...

I gauge my time so much by the seasons I think mixing them up like that would make me crazy! Too bad you'll miss fall this year, but moving to Australia seems like a pretty fair exchange. :)

Marion said...

Gosh your season adventure is crazy !
I really these pictures, the last one especially and I am in love with your shoes !

Berlin was oh gosh, fantastich !

jeanine said...

what an interesting year you've had. i hear you about autumn. though i am not ready to say farewell to summer just yet... fall is by far my favorite season (especially here in canada... the colors are phenomenal). glad you landed safely in sydney. xo

Zelda was a writer said...

looooovely shoes!!!
baci baci baci